SUPPORT OUR MISSION
You can help support our mission of applied interdisciplinary fluid mechanics research, education, and outreach by making a philanthropic gift to the St. Anthony Falls Laboratory (SAFL). Make a contribution to our General Fund.
SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS
The SAFL Student Fund was established as a means for friends and alumni of the Saint Anthony Falls Laboratory to directly enhance the SAFL student experience. Learn more about the current activities of the SAFL graduate student group on their website.
SUPPORT RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
We also present several fellowships and awards to graduate students each year recognizing their contributions of academic achievement and research. Contribute to specific fellowships and help continue our ongoing legacy of recognizing academic excellence.
- The Edward Silberman Fellowship rewards academically outstanding graduate students who perform their research at the SAFL.
- The Alvin G. Anderson Award is given to a University of Minnesota student pursuing graduate studies in water resources. Special consideration is given to students involved in the sediment transportation field, which was Dr. Anderson's specialty.
- The Frank Y. and Julie C. Tsai Fund is granted to graduate students to assist with travel expenses associated with attending professional conferences.
- The Heinz G. Stefan Fellowship is given to a University of Minnesota student pursuing graduate studies in water resources engineering who is studying at the St. Anthony Falls Laboratory. Special consideration is given to students involved in environmental hydraulics.
- The Nels Nelson Memorial Fellowship is an endowment for Civil Engineering graduate students at the St. Anthony Falls Laboratory.