Specialized Water Tunnels and Towers
Test Section 1: 52 L x 5 W x 5.6 D ft (16 x 1.5 x 1.7 m)
Discharge velocity: 148 ft/s (45 m/s)
Test Section 2: 60 L x 8 W x 8 D ft (18 x2.4 x 2.4 m)
Discharge velocity: 62 ft/s (19 m/s)
Plankton Stratification Tower
- Plexiglass tank.
- Two experimental chambers with removable walls isolating them from the rest of the tank.
- Full-spectrum fluorescent lights located at the top.
- Chilling coils located at the bottom.
- Peristaltic pump controls temperature stratification and water recirculation.
- Oscillating grid generates turbulence.
Size: 150 H x 60 W x 2 D cm