Flumes and Channels to Expand Your Research
Ideal for experiments in river planform dynamics.
- Integrated head box and tail box.
- Can be fitted with a sediment feeder.
- Recirculation capabilities (flow rates depend on the pump and sediment feeder used).
- Side and overhead rails allow for fitting of cameras, surface scanning devices, or explanatory signage.
- Can be disassembled into 5-foot segments for ground shipping.
- Includes weatherproof wooden stand for outdoor use.
Size: 25 L x 4 W x 1.5 D ft (7.62 x 1.22 x 0.46 m)
Designed as part of a renovation initiative by National Science Foundation. This flume for biology-based research experiments allows natural light into the facility to promote growth of photosynthetic organisms.
Size: 18.5 L x 1.5 W x 1 D (5.6 x 0.46 x 0.3 m)
Discharge capacity: 0.31 cfs (8.81 l/s)
Size: 9.5 L x 0.5 W x 1.25 D ft (2.9 x 0.15 x 0.4 m)
Discharge capacity: 0.5 cfs (14 l/s)
Size: 88.6 L x 1.7 W x 2 D ft (27 x 0.5 x 0.6 m)
Discharge capacity: 0.7-4.4 cfs (20-125 l/s)
Sediment supply: 79.4 to 1,190.5 lbs/hr (0.01 to 0.15 kg/s)